Who we are
Carbohydrate Technology Research Group was established in 2000 under the Division of Biochemical Technology, School of Bioresources and Technology, KMUTT, to conduct fundamental research related to practical applications of carbohydrates, especially starch.
To be the leader in research and graduate education related to starch science and technology in Thailand.
Aims of our group
- To support Master and Doctoral theses of students of Biochemical Technology Division, KMUTT and maintain high-quality graduate research.
- To create new knowledge & technology related to starch.
- To encourage a collaborative approach to research on starch and provide knowledge and technology to the private companies.
- Chemical composition, physicochemical properties and molecular structure of starch.
- Relationship of starch structure and functionality.
- Modification of starch via chemical, physical, and enzymatic reactions.
- Interaction of starch with other food constituents during processing and storage.
- Development of value-added starch products.
- Prebiotic starch and fibers
- Starch microsphere and spherulite.